Cradle to Cradle Certified™
Cradle to Cradle Certified™ is a globally recognised standard for safer, more sustainable products made for the circular economy. According to its principles, end-of-life products should serve as ingredients in new manufacturing processes (technical cycle) or as nutrients in the biological cycle, eliminating waste.
How to become certified
In order to become Cradle to Cradle Certified™ our products were assessed for environmental and social performance across five categories:
- Material Health: Ensuring that products are made using raw materials that are as safe as possible for humans and the environment.
- Material Reutilisation: Eliminating the concept of waste by helping to ensure that products remain in perpetual cycles of use and reuse from one product use cycle to the next.
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management: Ensuring that products are manufactured using renewable energy to reduce or eliminate the impact of climate changing greenhouse gases due to the manufacturing of our products.
- Water Stewardship: Ensuring that water is recognised as a valuable resource, watersheds are protected and clean water is available to people and all other organisms.
- Social Fairness: Designing business operations that honor all people and natural systems affected by the manufacturing of our products.
Each attribute is given a score: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum (from low to high).
Our C2C Certified™ collections
modulyss has 127 Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products: 28 achieved the Gold level and 99 the Silver level.
On top of this, our recyclable ecoBack backing, which is PVC and bitumen free and contains a polyolefin-based layer with at least 75% recycled content, also received a Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Gold certificate.
Follow the below links to discover our Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Gold and Silver products (only in combination with ecoBack).
All our Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Gold and Silver products contain ECONYL® yarns, have an ecoBack backing and are CO2 neutral.